This page is a manually collated and periodically updated list of the top posts on the Open Borders website. The current version was written around March 15, 2014. For the most viewed site background pages, see popular pages.
Note that these posts are not necessarily representative of the views held by Open Borders and do not attempt to systematically make the case for open borders. If you’re interested in learning about the site, see our welcome post and the site FAQ.
- Most liked and shared post: My Path to Open Borders by guest blogger Bryan Caplan, January 2, 2013. The post had 2,347 views, 199 Facebook likes, 55 tweets, and 19 comments as of March 15, 2014.
- Most viewed and most commented-on post: Tell Me How Himmler Misapplied Citizenism by guest blogger Bryan Caplan, July 12, 2013. The post had 2,383 views, 113 Facebook likes, 8 tweets, and 82 comments as of Marh 15, 2014.
- Most liked post with original reporting and narration: In 2013, the Dream 30 Fought to Come Home by occasional blogger David Bennion, December 30, 2013. The post got 374 views, 149 likes, 26 tweets, and 1 comment.
- Most liked post on opinion survey research: Who favors open borders? by Nathan Smith, December 3, 2012. The post got 1,829 views, 111 likes, 31 tweets, and 24 comments.
- Most viewed post on opinion survey research: The “Rude Shock” for Libertarians by Hansjoerg Walther, January 8, 2014. The post got 2,156 views, 10 likes, 11 tweets, and 23 comments.
Other posts that got lots of views
- Roy Beck unwittingly makes the case for open borders by Vipul Naik, March 20, 2012. The post got 1,843 views, 14 likes, 4 tweets, and 40 comments.
- Future Citizens of All Kinds by Chris Hendrix, November 7, 2012. The post got 1,817 views, 2 likes, 2 tweets, and 79 comments.
- Immigration and the US Constitution by Ilya Somin, March 18, 2013. The post got 1,817 views, 39 likes, 16 tweets, and 12 comments.
- How persuasive are open borders advocates? The case of Bryan Caplan by Vipul Naik, October 23, 2012. The post got 1,152 views, 24 likes, 7 tweets, and 26 comments.
- Metics in Ancient Greece by Nathan Smith, July 3, 2012. The post got 1,308 views, 3 likes, 0 tweets, and 2 comments.
Other posts that got lots of likes
- Women and Open Borders by Joel Newman, July 1, 2013 (72 likes).
- Feminism, open borders, and nannies by Nathan Smith, October 6, 2013 (70 likes).
- What would be the best way to advance feminism? Open bordersby Tiago Santos, March 8, 2014 (59 likes).
- Orson Scott Card on Immigration by Evan, November 3, 2013 (55 likes).
- Moral Relevance of Countries Bleg by Sebastian Nickel, May 13, 2013 (46 likes).